Monday, February 2, 2015

Winter Magic

Generator Shed
 I so LOVE a fresh snowfall.  And, being out in the snow while it's happening.  It's kind of magical and I don't know why.
I LOVE walking out in the dark each morning in the snow with our headlamps on to go down to the barn to do the chores.  It's kind of magical and I don't know why.
I LOVE bringing back the milk and eggs, even though they make a little more work for me each day, it;s nice knowing where your food is coming from.  It's kind of magical and I don't know why.

It may be that these are gifts from God, good and perfect gifts and that is why they seem so magical.


I caught Gerry bringing wood to the back porch this morning.  We're using wood this winter that has been in his woodshed for almost 10 years!  He hasn't used this part of his wood shed for a long time. It's kind of weird that he remembers when and where he got his wood!  "I got this birch when I was back working for Danny Eiche."  Ha ha...
Now, these two lazy critters take the entire winter off.  They think winter is all about hanging out at the fire and that it is our job to keep their little cozy spot pleasant for them. Feed them, pet them let them in and out.  Yes, life on the farm is very laid back for these two.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those dogs have the right idea!

Leslie said...

Kathy, look more closely, one is a cat!

Unknown said...

Ha! Yep...sure enough. Those Animals have the right idea! 😃